Saturday, May 26, 2007

Day 1 Pre-Race Plazascapades - Part 1

Hi Jen White here.....I was one of the KHUM reporters on both Day 1 and day 2 of the Race. I've been having a fabulous time and I thought I'd share few of the pictures I've taken. In a later blogg I will give a repot of which Sculptures I documented going down the beach on Day 1.

These pictures are ones I took on the Arcata Plaza prior to the race starting.....I've lost my list of all the names of the sculptures so there are a few that I can't remember....especially, if I never saw them again! Like Scott from Sideshow Design’s sculptures...there were a series of vehicles, "individuals creating the whole", I was told....but after the Plaza, the only place I've seen them is on the back of a truck heading south.


This Ain't No John Deer - second year in the race.....sculpture built at the Burney, CA high school


KHUM Reporter on scene, along with his little helper.


This is how it's done...bribing the photograhper by team 'Easy It Is'....not The Big Easy, I was told today.


Jungle Boogie doing last minte tune up before hitting the road.


Squeaky...or is it Frenchie...team Roll on the Mattole


Radiers of the Lost Art


Team Beast Jerky


"individuals creating the whole"


"individuals creating the whole"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice blog. I like it!